HOW TO: MAKE WAKE AND BAKE GRANOLA
ABOUT WAKE AND BAKE GRANOLA
Start your day off right with a hearty breakfast of granola and berries mixed the winning combination of THC oil.
Below are details how to make a great “special” granola that is both healthy and robust for someone who wants help starting their day off in the right frame of mind.
- 2.5 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup nuts (I like pecans, but almonds are good too.)
- 3 tbsp sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup chocolate (I used those delicious little squares cut into fourths.)
MAKING CANNABIS COCONUT OIL
- Put the coconut oil in a crock pot and fill with enough water to float the oil. Allow the oil to liquify. (This will happen fairly quickly due to coconut oil’s low melting point.)
- Grind your vegetation. (I prefer to use a hand-held grinder because it offers the fine fluff needed without getting too powdery.)
- Add your vegetation slowly, stirring it in until the mixture is completely saturated. (Feel free to add more water at any point if the mixture is becoming too oil heavy, or if your herb touches the bottom of the crock pot.)
- Keep your crock pot at 250-270 degrees. (DO NOT EXCEED 320 DEGREES as your active ingredients will start burning off.)
- After 12-18 hours of boiling, use a strainer lined with cheesecloth to drain/wring out the plant matter.
- Store your oil and water mixture in a jar overnight.
- You should see the oil rise to the top, separating from the water. This green-tinged oil is your final product which can be stored for up to a year in a cool dry place. (Coconut oil’s melting point is 76 degrees, so don’t be surprised if you open up your cupboard and find it melted on a warm day.)
- *Optional step: Soaking your bud overnight in water and then drying it out can remove some of the bitter herb taste.
- Preheat oven to 320 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients (oats, coconut flakes, sugar, salt, and nuts) together.
- Separately, mix wet ingredients (warm coconut oil, almond butter, and maple syrup) together.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients, mix well, and spread over baking sheets.
- Place sheets in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, stirring at the midway point.
- Remove from the over and mix in the chocolate, letting it melt all over your granola.
- Store in an air-tight container for up to 3 weeks.
BUD SAYS: You can also make your own coconut chocolates as well very easily by combining cocoa powder, coconut oil, and honey in the top pot of a double boiler, stirring until combined and letting cool. In this form, chocolate it is healthy for you.